SOFTimpact LTD is a maritime IT service provider based in Cyprus.
Due to our current expansion we are seeking to recruit candidates for the following positions. We offer exciting and equally rewarding jobs.
SENIOR PYTHON SW DEVELOPER – WEB BUSINESS APPLICATIONS – FULL STACK
SOFTimpact is a vertical solution provider delivering SW (Desktop/Web/Mobile) to the Maritime industry in Cyprus and abroad. Due to ongoing expansion and portfolio growth the company is looking to extend the SW development team with several positions, including a Senior Business SW Developer with a focus on Web development using Python for the backend.
We explicitly welcome Seniors or Juniors with exceptional experience to apply for this position!
The individual will be trained extensively in the products, technologies and standards used within the company. Additional to technical challenges, this will require the individual to become familiar with maritime related terms, concepts and working procedures.
From the beginning the candidate will be included in the development of our range of products for the Maritime Industry.
- Designing, implementing, testing and validating server logic based on PYTHON and REST
- Designing and developing web client software using HTML/JS/CSS and related libraries like kendoUI and EmberJS
- Driving the agile development process, full cycle activities including analysis, design, implementation, review, testing and finally deploying.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a web related software development position
- Excellent understanding of databases, SQL, OOP, web technologies and frameworks
- Hands on experience in Java (mandatory)
- Hands on experience in web client technologies like HTML/JS/CSS (mandatory)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment utilizing good judgement and initiative
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Shipping related experience and knowledge (considered an advantage)
- Salary range: TBP
- Overtime – Time off in Lieu
- 13-month salary
- 25 Leave days
- Lunch facility (8 EUR) per day
- Private medical insurance (effective from 1st day of employment, based on age group caps)
- Participation in company provident fund (after 6-month employment)